It takes only a little prep and forethought to easily knock up a comforting lunch your colleagues will be jealous of. With just a few minutes in the kitchen the night before and the help of a slow cooker you can make a whole host of recipes which will warm you up and most importantly, fill you up with goodness.
1. Stew: Favourites in our office include beef and dumpling.
2. Ratatouille: Hearty, healthy and veggie, what’s not to like?
3. Pasta Bake: The beauty of a pasta bake is that it can be different meal every time by alternating meat, quorn or fish with a diverse combination of vegetables. For the gluten intolerant among you there’s also the option of rice pasta.
4. Soup: Yes, lots of coffee shops and take away restaurants sell good soup and you can always go to your nearest local supermarket to pick up a tin for less than £1, but we think nothing quite beats homemade soup. From carrot and coriander to chicken noodle soup when you’re feeling under the weather, aside from the prep it’s an easy meal to cook at the weekend or the night before.
5. Last night’s curry and rice: Just so long as you don’t eat it in the office and stink the place out! Top tip: don’t pair it with too much rice to avoid the 3pm slump, even better skip the rice and go for extra steamed veg on the side.
6. Toastie: Cheese and ham, cheese and marmite or a more exotic option perhaps. If your office has a toaster, invest in a toaster bag and you’re all set! This is a great one for those days when you forget to bring something in or didn’t have time to cook. Hot and delicious, just make sure to get one of your 5-a-day in by adding a side of fruit!
Posted by Frances SingerBack to Blogs